Parish Information

Mission Statment:

"Using Liturgy and Worship as its foundation, the

Mission of Blessed Trinity is to foster, through a welcoming

atmosphere, growth in formation, diversity, open

communication, recognition, and outreach to all." 


Brief History: 

Located in the southern tip of Pinellas County, in the shadow of the famous Sunshine Skyway bridge, the parish was first called the "South St. Petersburg Mission" in 1959, and in 1960 was canonically established by Archbishop Hurley of the St. Augustine Diocese.  The first church, built in 1961, became a social hall when the current church was erected in 1976.  That social hall housed refugees from Hurricane Elena in September of 1985, and in that same storm, our new church lost its roof.  

The pastors of Blessed Trinity Church have been as follows:  

Fr. William Weinheimer,  1959-1960
Fr. Frank Goodman, 1960-1962
Fr. Louis Bentiyaglia 1962-1965
Fr. James Herlihy, 1965-1978
Fr. John Colgan, 1978-1981
Fr. Edward Dunne, 1981-1983
Fr. James Russo, 1983-1987
Fr. William Lau, 1987-1996
Fr. Anton Dechering, 1996-2013
Fr. Wayne C. Genereux, 2013-present